Friday, February 18, 2011

Evil and Possessive


Original

This picture I took of Steven Herman, is exactly what I was trying to capture. I took this picture on an angle above him. I was aiming for a very possessive and evil look, and that is exactly what I got. I really like how I captured his hair in this picture, it looks very defined, and you can see the strands of hair very clearly. I love the way I captured his eyes because he is glancing up, and you can barely see the pupil.  His tongue sticking out completes the picture because it makes him look possessed. Overall, I feel that I have created a scary and evil image.



 Black and White Converted

For this picture, I just converted the original version to black and white. I didn't change anything about this picture once I converted it.


Black and White Eyes Removed

In this black and white version, the first thing that I did was fill in the extra area between his body. In the earlier versions above, Steven's stomach and arms were outlined visibly, so I decided to fill in his body with all black to make his head stand out more. I feel like now that the body is filled in, it focuses more on his facial expression. I also removed his eyes by using the clone stamp tool. This gives the photo an overall creepy effect. I adjusted the contrast and lighting to darken his face a little bit, but also making sure his hair was still defined, which I believe it is in this photo even more then the previous ones. 



Hell
In this picture, I decided to drop a background in that mimicked Steven's facial expression. I pasted a red and black sky in the background, to make it look like he's evil and from hell. I feel like the red in the sky really makes the picture stand out because it makes him look like the devil. I like this picture because it's simple, and not much detail was added to it. I changed the contrast and lighting of his face to make it stand out more.




Evil
I was just playing around with this picture at the very end once I was finished the other versions. I found a creepy and scary picture off of Google and shaped it to Steven's tongue. I created another layer and put it in front of the original picture so that you could see this scary image as his tongue. I also darkened Steven's face, creating a shadow on the left side. I changed the background and made everywhere around him black by using the magic wand tool to select, and then I filled it in with the paint bucket tool. I feel like this makes Steven look extremely possessed.



Stormy Sky
For this picture, I decided to keep it kind of simple. I didn't really add much color to it, instead I picked out a sky that works well with the expression on his face. A dark stormy sky is kind of symbolic in this picture because it could almost represent Steven, "taking over the world." At least thats the first thing that comes to my mind when I look at this picture. I made his face brighter because I wanted it to stand out more, and make the background kind of blend in with his body, dark and gloomy. I like this picture just because it's simple, but also mysterious.


Sick


In this picture, I decided to play around with the color, hue, and saturation. I enjoy this picture because it looks like he is very ill, not just physically, but maybe also emotionally. I was aiming for him to look like he was going to puke in this picture. It looks like he is going to puke, but he also looks very evil and dry. When I say dry, I mean his eyes look very blood shot, and his tongue is more of a dull red and orange color. He also looks like he has red bags under his eyes, maybe showing a sign of stress, or sleep deprived. I love the way the blue in the background works with the picture. Overall, I like this picture the best out of all of the ones I have made. I like it because it is a different theme then the other one's that I have created, instead of it being dark and scary, he looks ill and evil.

2 comments:

  1. Cassy, it looks like you had lots of fun with this task. It was an interesting pose and you managed to give it three distinctly different looks. I am not a fan of the thing stuck on his tongue, I prefer the more subtle effects of changing the lighting and background.

    Your write up is clear and addresses both technical issues and aesthetic decisions. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished up the last two pictures, I don't think you got to read them. I wasn't in class Friday, and I worked all weekend. So I was just finishing them up before class tomorrow. :)

    I hope you get this, and get the chance to read under the pictures that you haven't gotten to read yet. (stormy sky) and (sick)

    It is currently 7:26, and I just got off of work not to long ago.

    YOU BEAT ME TO IT !

    ReplyDelete